Tuesday, January 31, 2006

WotR and CNY pulp

Went over to Corbon's place to play the first game in our new War of the Roses campaign. The wargame rules used was warmaster ancients. I did really well more due to good luck then any strategic brilliance on my part. I managed to cause a few casualties and then in a "potentially game losing move" Arjun charged his King into melee when ended in his death and the end of game. Check out the gallery for some photos and the after action report.

After that we played a pulp game using .45 Adventure: Crimefighting Action in the Pulp Era. It was our Chinese New Year game which I set up for fun. Basically some Irish hoodlums cause a bit of chaos in a chinese gambling den and then went in to rob the place. It was quite fun though my poor pre-game planning and research means that several rules were implemented incorrectly or not at all! Still I'm happy that I finally got to use my pulp figures for a game and dug out all my fancy terrain bits and bobs :) Check out the photos!

No comments: