Monday, January 02, 2006

You make bath tub time so much fun!

MDHere is Mad-Dog from Hasslefree. Its a lovely mini and I thought it had a nice manga post-apocolyptic feel (or maybe I'm just reading too much Akira). Not all that happy with how this one turn out. I like the mini quite a lot so I'm a bit dissappointed I didn't quite do it justice.

My idea was to make him an old man, sort of retired fireman. He would be the grandad of the family. All of the colours turned out more flat and bland that I really wanted. Grumble grumble grumble...

I'm quite happy with the base though, I like the colour and the pattern. The rubber ducky came from Eureka. Added it to the base for laughs!

2 comments:

wahj said...

For something you're not happy with, this is great work! I especially like the discoloured bathroom tiles on the base - very nice touch! = _

fatgoblin said...

Thanks! He is starting to grow on me since I posted this entry. I guess since I really liked the sculpt I set a high bar for it and failed to reach it.

The tiles colour scheme I stole from a screen capture of a computer game I was reading a review off (didn't buy the game though! haha) The discolouration came out in an accident when I was wiping some of the brown/black glaze weathering off I washed out some of the underlying paint!