Wednesday, January 04, 2006

you are damaged goods

zsmith1Finally finished this bunch of Zombiesmith (whose website is down at the moment) zombies. Having been working of these 5 for a few weeks now with some of those HF queue jumpers cutting in, but now they are finally done. I always wanted a set, but ordering from them seemed to be a lot of hassle so it wasn't until my zombie painting project kicked off that I decided to look about getting some. It too quite a few emails and some waving about in forums then got an alternate email, and that I got a response from and then, its all smooth sailing. (and got some added freebies too!)

So, the pack is 20 zombos strong which I decided to break into 4 groups of 5 to paint. This group is what I call the damaged goods group and probably the most gory ones in the pack, and probably in the rest of miniaturedom too. Four of them has got entrails airing and the last one ripped off his own arms for reasons only he knows... and two of them have visible brains too.... >_<

Quite happy with how it turned out. I thought the shirt on the last one might be too close to the flesh colour so I gave him stripes which turned out quite nice I thought! Its interesting though and I may very well investigate the use of the iraqi sand colour (which I used to paint the shirt) to paint zombie skin... Not that sure I got the colour of the organs and stuff right but I thought just spash some red on it cross your fingers.

Zombie tally, painted 30, unpainted 32

No comments: