Saturday, January 21, 2006

Will the real Mr Slacker please stand up?

slackbroYippie! Yippie! Yippie! Did I mention I'm happy? I love these Slacker Brothers from Newbold World, they aren't really on sale yet at this moment, I got a sneak paint!

I had this wacky idea for a christmas inspired collection and they will proved the labour for Santa's sweat shop toy factory. So the plan was to give them kindof a goofy colour scheme but I was a bit worried I might have gone over board. Plus maybe I've been painting too many zombies but it turned out rather drab. Maybe the goofy look might work better with brighter 'Eavy Metal-ish colours. But after a while, they kinda grew on me. Now I'm happy as a happy thing again.

My favourite part? The rat! I love him and I shall call him pinky. Have a look at a front and back shot of Mr Kornealeaos and Tiberieaos Slacker.

More Newbold goblins on the way.

1 comment:

wahj said...

I agree - the rat is the nicest touch, in a sort of Dr Evil/Minimi way, or a sort of Marlon Brando-Godfather way ... except lower down on the evoutionary scale. =) Nice choice making him labrat-white: the other option would've been norweigian rat black/grey, with evil red eyes, but this way there's a nice contrast.