Spent another totally enjoyable day with my cousins this time to watch the movie seoul raiders, a pretty decent and highly enjoyable movie. The weird chinese from the korean stars is kinda odd after a while, make you wonder if they are dubbed by normal chinese speaking people talking weirdly or by the koreans or what? Wonder how the cantonese version sound like...This bring to mind something about asia films. The fact that a lot of them are dubbed into other dialects from the original track never seemed to bother us that much. In fact, I much prefer a well dubbed HK movie for example than one in which the original actor speaks in a weird accent. Case in point: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Yes, of course its an "Asian" movie but as far as I'm concerned, its an "ang moh" flick. They were making a big deal about them having poor chinese but wanted their original voices on the track. But, oh my god! Why????? The combination of Chow Yuen Fatt and Michelle Yeoh just blows the whole film. They speak chinses so bad that it totally spoilt the entire movie. I found that I enjoyed it much more when I got the dvd and watched it like a french movie, ignore the dialogue and read the sub-titles.
But for god sakes poor dubbing is a horror! eg Japanese cartoons. sigh.... please speak in your native tongue and produce sub-titles. Please...
No comments:
Post a Comment