Thursday, February 10, 2005

Chinese new year

roosterIts the start of the new year again, last year seem to just zip by, what the hell did I do the whole year? Well, it wasn't a terribly great year so hears hoping the year of the rooster is an improvement!

The first few days of the year was spent visiting relatives and friends. And also stuffing my face silly with CNY goodies, don't forget! Especially silly considering I'm a bit crooked, had a brief spot of fever a few days ago and I'm now left with a cough. But who cares! Its not new year week every week! Pineapple tarts here I come!

What I like about CNY most of all is everyone is happy. Well at least they look happy! On the streets and everywhere, the jovial factor is significantly increased during this brief period before settling down to the Singapore average grump in a few weeks. That, and the pineapple tarts. Tarts with pineapple jam... or tarts in a pineapple coloured dress? Which is better? Hard to decide, depends on how pineapple-y the first one is and how tarty the second one is....

No comments: