Monday, February 28, 2005

A short breather

After have way too much fun over the CNY, I bunkered down and burned some serious midnight oil on "that which shall not be named". After toiling at it for some time, I sent the latest incarnation off the the Boss. After which I was totally relaxed... Must be old. I could withstand such intensity of work for months on end a few years ago. Now a week plus has me totally knackered.

Anyway after the initial feeling of total laziness subside, I managed to do some painting, this time for a new warband for my mordhiem campagin. To maintain my pervy rating, this time I am going for naked elf chicks! Haha. Something different anyway. My orcs are (supposed to be) brutal close combat hackers. These elves will be played with bow with huge range and will hope to knock off their opponents way before they come close to me.

I also finally received some order I was waiting for and so went to meet up with the Napnuts for a game and to pass some of them their part of the order. We played mordhiem again. Mike, Corbon and Boon played a multi-player game between them, while I used my orcs agains Arjun's Aztecs. It was a bit unfair actually since we used a rather small table, which means I could get my orcs into charge range relatively quickly. My more experienced warband took appart his newbie warband with some good dice rolls, especially from the killer goblins, which knocked off some troops early on with their short bows. These guys are deadly.

In the background 20,000 leagues under the sea was showing. The stuff is great! Old Skool film making!

We then adjurned for some prawn noodles, chat and drinks, then called it a night.

No comments: