Wow! A new post! Yes, I've finally got some free time to muck around with my hobbies again! First up are a few banana trees I painted up last week. Central to any tropical jungle terrain are palm trees. And these banana trees tend to bring up images of south east asia (well to me anyway). I bought these Pegasus Banana Trees from Conquest Miniatures quite some time ago and recently decided to paint them up. They are listed as 1:72 scale but I'm quite happy to treat most vegetation as scale free. I made 6 of the trees as free standing ones mounted on washers, and 6 fixed together with a base. The plastic point at the end of the trunk used to fix the palm fronds was really weak, and hard to squeeze in (probably made worse because I coated the leaves with a blast of matt varnish before making the hole smaller. So afraid I would break it, I had to replace them with brass rods, a slow and unpleasant task.
Shown in the picture is a 28mm aztec from TAG and a 20mm WW2 brit from AB to let you have an idea of what they look like next to figures.
No comments:
Post a Comment