Friday, September 08, 2006

Moonie

moon beastAnother one done for my Nurgle team, this time, its a Moon Beast from RAFM's Call of Cthulhu range of miniatures. Picked this mini up sometime ago cause it was on sale. I was thinking, damn, there will always be use for a Cthulhu monster, right? Right!

So as I was looking around for a representation for a Nurgle beast, I really wanted it to be smallish in size such that it will fit on the 30mm base (so that it won't spill over onto the neighbouring squares on the blood bowl board). And then I found this one! It has a small foot print, its got tentacles for a mouth, its got a bulky frame and it looks a bit dim. Perfect! And to tie it stronger to the nurgliese I gave him droopy horns, just like the plague bearers. A pin, some greenstuff and alls well!

I wanted it to be slightly different from the plague bearers so a bit darker and dryer looking skin, like an elephant. I tried drybrushing but the contours were too smooth for it to turn out what I want. But it did make a good first layer over which to do some wet-blending. Then some weak black and brown washes and its done. Another relatively quick job. The tentacles were rather poorly done actually but I decided to move on.

No comments: