Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cyclops

cyclopsSuddenly had the urge to paint up some superheroes so I started with this one. It is a repainted cyclops from the pre-painted Heroclix line of collectable minis from Wizkids. I ripped it off his clicky base with the intention of painting him but was left like that for over a year. But now it done! The sculpt is quite cool and a lot of detail survived the thick goopy paint the factory line blobbed over it.

I always liked Cyclops, he and Jean Grey are my favourites of the X-Men. First time I remember seeing him was when the X-men guest-starred in the Spiderman and his amazing friends cartoon, where they had to go up against the Juggernaut. But the point where I really started to like him was during Whilce Portacio's run on X-Factor, leading into Jim Lee's start on the new X-Men comic.

This is the costume that Jim Lee gave him when he re-joined the X-men, and one of his better ones too! But I decided to change his costume colours a bit altering the bright yellow parts to a light yellowish brown. I don't like yellow and prefer not to paint it if I can. Turned out to be sort of ok...

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Great work !