Whats that stand for? Its Ghost in the Shell: Man-Machine Interface. Its a sequel to Ghost in the Shell, a japanese comic (or manga if you prefer) by top creator Shirow Masamune. Whats so exciting is that I have been waiting for years to get my hands on this! It was released in Japan several years ago, then Dark Horse translated it into English and released it to the english speaking world two years ago in an eleven (or 12?) issue mini-series.
I remember that week it was released I was in Canberra. The stock comes in Friday afternoon every week. I went into the store on Saturday morning, looked around and none. I ask the fella at the counter he said sold out! Most of the stock he brought in was pre-ordered and only 2 copies made it to the racks, which was picked up within the hour... grumble grumble... He suggested I pre-order a series if I wanted to get it as there are very few walk-in customers so they don't tend to bring in a lot of these comics. Since I already missed the first issue I decided I'll wait another few months and pick up the collected TPB instead. Which I just did yesterday.
YIPPIE!!!!!
I love Shirow Masamune! If only he works faster.... GitS is kinda a hard read as the language is quite complex and Man-Machine interface is even worse, a lot worse, at least for the first few chapters which I have read. I don't envy the translator at all! Still I trilled to bits I finally have in my hands the comic I have waited years and years to get.
And then theres going to be GitS anime movie and TV series as well as an Appleseed movie (I think) coming, so I'm going to have to source some of these good stuff when I can. Rubs fingers in anticipation!
No comments:
Post a Comment