Thursday, November 10, 2005

Reaping Zombies

zombiesThree more zombies, this time from Reaper sculpted by Stefan Niehues. Zombies really suits Stefan's style as his sculpts tends towards more ropey anatomy. These in particular are really nicely done with twisting limbs and superb detail like the spinal bones on the fella whose skin was torn off.

A bit unfortunate that the lady zombie was a miscast, one of the hands was incomplete ending in rounded stump. Too lazy to get a replacement, I thought it would be okay for a zombies who loses limbs rather easily. Luckily it ended up looking alright. A bit of red and problem solved!

The lady is also the first of the warm colour ones. I have avoid painting in warm colours cause I thought they would be a bit too creepy so all my previous zombies were blue or green tinged. Now that I have done it it does look a bit gross but not so bad lah.

2 comments:

wahj said...

Fella on the far right looks like he's taunting ... = )

Nice work.

fatgoblin said...

all he is missing is the tongue! haha! thanks!