Exhausting day... Intention was to drop by my mate's place to chill out for a day and relax. Ended up playing a mock game (ok it didn't take much effort...) and a real one (which did).
The mock game was with Crimson Skies planes just moving them about and rolling dice on a scheme that I didn't really pay much attention to. I actually expended more effort on the set up ... :)
The real game was against Boon with CotAW with me playing Barbars and Boon with Persians(?). The two main infantry battle lines were sort of sliding away from each other. My plan was for the cavalry to hold of his bulk of cavalry and stall the majority of his infantry while my infantry and skirmishes ganged up on his hard flank of infantry which included the immortals. When my skirmishes surrounded the immortals, the right side of my barbar horde managed to drove them off. The left side contacted the enemy main infantry horde and fair well against them.
My cavalry outperformed (by lasting longer then I thought they would) so I managed to wheel my barbar horde around to engage his main force. Found out that turning a barbarian horde was a lot harder than I thought it would be but some help from Boon and Corbon allowed me to get them into position faster than I would have (on my own!).
By then the damage I did on his flank has put the enemy close to the break point so a bit of concentration of the weak points of the enemy routed enough bases to win the game (almost failed!) So a lucky win for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment