Sunday, May 08, 2005

Flat out pooped

A totally exhausting day. Its game day so off I go for games. Continuing the crusades campaign, I met the mongols in battle on the outskirts of Jerusalem. I had an agreement with Wahj for this battle last week so I was all geared up. I even reread the rules the night before. The whole day is a blur now but it was very close and we were both a unit away from the whole army breaking. In the end, luck favoured me and I managed to break the mongols and drove them off.

In the following year, the crusaders sailed into my lands and took Cairo, my capital. The crusades commander was the best gamer in the group and undefeated but I thought what the hell, screw the campaign, we are here to fight battles! So I turned my army around and marched back home. Eventually we met up in Daniette and the battle lines were drawn. Like I said, he is the best player, but I did have an advantage over him in that my army was about 40% larger. A big blurr again... and again, both of us were one unit to breaking. This time luck favoured my opponent and the crusaders sent me packing.

I have not had to spent so much effort on wargaming, ever. Extremely exhasuting but very fun.

Some pics of the mongol game can be found here

No comments: