Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Spartan Warrior

Painted this Tale of War Leonidas figure.  I wanted him to lead a warband of naked figures so I decided to make him naked as well.  So I did some conversion to remove his underwear.  While I was at it, I modified the helmet some, and replaced the spear with a brass rod.  For the spear, I used the old spearhead, and sculpted a new other end (whatsitcalled?).

I also filed off the Lambda from his shield.  I thought of painting a nice shield design, or use a decal but in the end I decided to give him nothing.

I was going to use him as the war god Ares in the Gods and Mortal game and I thought that he and Hephaestus are not best buds so he goes to war with really crappy equipment and relies on his personal power/prowess as a warrior.




Here is he, posed with the mino from the previous update.






Here is a photo I took with my phone, you can see the greenstuffed areas.




No comments: