Monday, July 15, 2013

Legion of Ever'Nid Carnivean WIP

A few people talked about doing warmahordes and I came across an idea of using tyranid parts to make Legion of Everblight warbeast ...  I had a startbox of nids from many years ago so I thought why not?  Of course I ended up spending more money buying a few extra bits ...  here is the first conversion.

Its suppose to be a Carnivean,


I used a tyranid warrior base (legs, tail, torso, head).  I added a bit of bulk to the forehead but maybe I'll add a bit more?  The smaller hands are from genestealers, the larger hand is the large claw thing that came with the warriors (the XL one, not the normal size one).  The pincers came from the carnifex kit.  Needed a bit of work to saw off and swap the claw with the pincer but I really liked the pincers and the carnifex arm was way too bulky (and ball too big for the warrior socket).

Also did some putty work to cover up some details and to add others.  An important step is to add one more armour plate on the back between the torso and pelvis.  I guess its absence makes it more posable but without it it looks like something is missing....

Not too happy with the outcome.  Happy with it as a model, but it did not really achieve the look I was going for.  For one, it looks too intelligent for some reason.  Might be a bit smaller than it should be too....  I read somewhere just recently that the ravener torso is bigger than the warrior one.  If I had read that earlier, I would have got it from the bits place and tried it out.  Too late now....  Maybe I should add random stuff exploding out of his back like the official one...




No comments: