On show today are a few Hasslefree miniatures I painted for competition last month. First up is a couple of school girls I painted for Wyrd Miniature's Femme Fatale painting competition, Alyx and Suzi. The little one, Alyx I loved since I had a sneek peak at the green a while back, its suppose to be a gangster conversion of the problem Alice model released previously (which in turn was a conversion of the original Alice with cat that came in second in the FUUK Alice in Wonderland sculpting competition). Actually I entered the problem alice in the previous Halloween themed painting comp at Wyrd!
This particular mini came with a few options, besides what you see, you could op for a baseball bat and a "hook'em horns" hand sign. I decided on this cause I wanted the teddy bear! I had a blue care bear since I was a kid, all I remember about it was mum bought it for me either when I got discharged from hospital or some doctor's visit or something, one of any nasty things that kids get themselves into. I just randomly picked one and ended up with this one. It was only many years later that I found out the one I got was "grumpy" with storm clouds (and hearts!) on his chest and was the only one without a smile. I just thought it was so funny! Anyway The bear is still with me, a bit worn and torn but he is still champs. Here is him and Alyx together having a chat.
Next is one of the newest releases when I painted her, Uzi Suzi (no, thats not a uzi she is carrying...) What can I say, I get a kick from seeing skimpy jap school uniform. When I saw it, I knew I found the one to enter into a comp because it is definitely one that I want to spend a lot of effort getting just right! I did try my best on the skirt but it turned out a bit blobby after all. Also the maroon colour on both this and Alyx was a bit bland and flat. But still I'm quite happy with how the two faces turned out.
Next up is Alice which I painted for the Fozzbozz Hasslefree painting comptition. My original plan was to paint Alyx and Suzi and submit one each to the two competition but since they are so simliar I thought I would enter both in the Wyrd one and do another one for Fozzbozz. But what? In the end I went for this Alice with rabbit (which incidently was a slightly converted one on Kev's winning entry to the FUUK Alice sculpting competition). Its a nutty sculpt and I love it for it! The pin stripe vest for the rabbit I thought would be hilarious! haha! I think I stuck her a bit crooked though, unintentionally and ended up making her look even more loopy than she originally did....Finally, a big thank you to Nathan of Wyrd and James of Fozzbozz for organizing the competitions, which was really fun to paint for. (I won in both too so I'm extra happy! hehehe!)
No comments:
Post a Comment