Friday, October 07, 2005

Birthdays

Mr and Mrs GobbsHaving grown too cynical for my own good, birthdays mean very little nowadays. I suppose its even worse for chinese and others who uses an alternate calender hence generating two birthdays. Except that I was born in a leap month in the chinese lunar meaning that my birthday only comes on very rarely (I think I'm like 3 years old only...) I mean what makes one day different from any other?

Still its fun to to indulge yourself every now and then and once a year you don't feel bad about it (everyday would be over doing it). And how to pick a day? Well, just use the day your parents 'picked' for you!

It also serves as a reminder that time is moving which sometimes you neglect to notice, esp when working on a seemingly neverending project. And you think wow, so much time is behind you already. Rapidly running out of time to make something of yourself! tic toc tic toc!

Since the post would look too boring without a picture I dug up this old sketch I did back in Canberra. While I was doing the exceptional brain numbing process of data collection, sometimes I would just sketch over used paper (hench all the notes in the background). This is probably my favourite from that period so I snapped a shot of it and stuck it up.

2 comments:

wahj said...

That's a very good sketch. Just add a pitchfork and they'll look like that American painting = )

fatgoblin said...

Thanks! I didn't even think of that! Or I might have way back when I drew it. Its all a blur now, like I said, brain numbing