Monday, April 08, 2013

4Ground buildings

Bought a few stuff from 4Ground cause I really wanted some houses.  My previous online purchase of houses (resin houses) vanished into thin air (quite expensive it was too.....)

Anyway, I thought I would give these a try and I was quite pleased with them.  Here is one of them assembled.  A tudor town house I think.  Its pre-painted. Although it was a flat coat, the laser burns from the cutter made it look like there was some weathering/blending and is quite nice.  The only parts I painted was the window grills, the top of the chimney and part of the door.  I'm really happy with it!


You can see that the floors can be separated, and the roof lift off.  I really like the construction of the building.  Its quite obvious that they spent a lot of time thinking about how they will all fit together.  You have to build one yourself to appreciate how well designed the kit is!  Top marks for the design.  I like the interior walls too, which is a separate (thinner) piece of board.  The brand name is discretely burned into the inside of the roof piece which I thought was neat.

I also bought the roof tiles which are really nice (expensive though!).  The originally not so flash design burnt into the roof was really cool too, acting as the perfect guidlines to stick the roof tiles on.  This is what it looks like without the roof tiles:




I also got some dark age buildings.  Didn't realised that they are much bigger than the townhouse.  The set comes with pre-cut teddy bear fur to make the roof which is a awesome idea!

I was contemplating using the roof tiles for them as well so they all fit together but when I see them together, I think its better I use the teddy bear fur.  Will allow the buildings to be used over a wider range of period too (esp. since I'm thinking of starting a small dark age fantasy skirmish thing)


One of the biggest problem with these sort of laser-cut MDF terrain is the joints which look out of place.  These one are mostly hidden away with only a few (base) showing.  The most obvious joint for most of these buildings are on the roof, but thanks to the tiles and the teddy bear fur, these will not be visible.

In conclusion, highly recommended!  Will put up more photos after I fur up the roof.  I got one more of the tudor houses.  Definitely looking to get some more!

Looking forward to their victorian buildings!

No comments: