Wednesday, January 02, 2013

End of year wrap up.

Was too lazy to take photos, finally managed to get them this weekend. 

First up is a group of 6 plastic numenor warriors which will be used as an elite troop in Dux Brit.


Next are 3 characters to act as nobles, aragon king, armoured faramir, and a gondor captain.  I must say the casting on these are shockingly poor.  One side of aragon's arm is totally smooth, all the chainmail and cloth and whatnot is gone.  Too lazy to sculpt it back so I just painted over it.  Since he is predominately black, I guess it not very obvious.  Faramir has one part of his face and helmet covered with extra metal.  Had to carve out his helmet and part of his face with a knife.  Sigh, one with too little metal, one with too much. 



Here is a photo of all the figures I painted for the Dux Brit starting line-up.  Plus some figures I'm going to borrow from Arjun  and I'm ready for action.  I may paint up a red box drawf as a second noble.  See how...


 During the christmas break, I wanted to do some hobby stuff but didn't feel like doing precision painting so I made some trees instead.  I still can't quite master getting the foilage to stick onto the bloody armature.  Damn things keep falling off. 


So with this last burst of output, my completed stuff for 2012:
10 skaven,
6 gondor swords
6 numernor swords
3 gondor heroes
4 trees.

Pretty poor....

No comments: