The camera has returned from overseas with my sister so a few pics of painted minis again! First up is this beer garden duo. The male bartender is Simon from Hasslefree, and the babe and barrel are from Impact Miniatures. I also took seperate photos of the bartender, the babe and the babe with barrels too.I've had the Hasslefree bartender for ages, waiting for an opportunity to get painted. Then the nice folks at Impact sent me the beer garden beauty free for being the 100th person to join their forum! One of the things you can buy for your blood bowl team is a couple of babes to pour out some nice beer for your players so I thought I needed two! and drafted this nice SNAG hunk for my girls. The babe's boots were a nightmare to paint. It went from black to white and back to black, and I still could not get it to work properly. Madness! Also of note is the male bartender, its the first mini I did the eye brow thing! I normally just paint the face as it but this time it looked oddly naked and weird like that so I was forced to lick in the eye brows, just two light lines of brown.
Next up are three lovely cheerleaders for my orc blood bowl team from Shadowforge.I got the idea for the blue hair on the middle one from another paintjob I saw on TBB, which I thought was very sexy! Then I got the idea to do them as blue red and yellow! Ended up quite ok I thought. I did struggle long and hard with how to do the dress, quite happy with how it turned out really. Not too pleased with the pom poms though, something weird happened to it. Oh well. Speaking of pom poms, I did seriously consider at one point to do them in metalic paint, silver or gold... but was afraid it would look like solid metal....
edit: the cheerleader pic was replaced with a new one that included the little puppy. It came with one of the blitzers on a leash. I cut off the leash and based it on its own. It will be the team mascot.
1 comment:
I wish that Barmaid worked in my local !! :)
Post a Comment