Friday, June 02, 2006

Line orcs

orcline1Yet another one of those "I loved these orcs as soon as I saw them" miniatures! They are gridiron orc players from shadowforge and cute as a button. The whole team is really cute. But there are a few whose faces are a bit ugly but overall, a great team! The first two to get painted are a couple of line orcs. I pondered long and hard over what colour combination to give them (and the team!). At one point I was going to paint them all brown (like negroid skin colour) but then decided to go back to green. Whats the point of painting orcs and goblins if you don't paint them green?

I then thought it would be sweet to paint the lips pink, and from there, I decided on the purple. Then I filled the rest with neutral colours, black, white and grey. I decided against painting the sheets and rivets metalic cause I wanted to maintain the cartoony look so did them with grey paints. Not exactly stella NMM but its ok.

No comments: